Skoči na vsebino

Honda CBR 1000 RR

Ice

Priporočene objave

Po prvih uradnih inf. na testiranjih ima novi CBR največjo moč 172KM pri 11250 obr/min in navor 115Nm pri 8500 obr/min!!!!!!!!

Primerjava z letnikom 03:

MCBRR20045_A.jpg

še nekaj slikic

HondaCBRMotonline1.jpg

HONDACBR1000lateralesx.jpg

HondaCBR1000CodoneMotonline17.jpg

LP Bobo B)

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Frequent Flyer Miles by Mike Emery ~ Photos by Dewey

2004 Honda CBR1000RR

OK, so we've established that the big liter bikes are the hot ticket these days especially with the change in AMA Superbike rules that saw the Suzuki GSX-R1000 rule the proverbial roost in 03'. Honda had the venerable RC51 in its racing fleet but sadly, outside of Daytona, it couldn't really compete with the power to weight ratios that the Suzuki was producing. Honda went to the drawing board, overlaid the blueprints to Vale's fabulously successful RC211V onto it and went to work replicating a Superbike around those winning numbers. Now, traditionally we would see a motorcycle built by Honda for the man on the street. Honda's racing division, the much fabled HRC, would then step up to the plate and build the appropriate appendages to turn this relatively mild bike into a wild race winning machine fit for World or domestic competition. This time it's different, and this really is a race platform with a couple of EPA and DOT friendly parts to market the bike to the likes of you and I.

The venue for the World Press introduction was Arizona Motorsports Park, in Phoenix. The track is rather unique in a couple of ways. Firstly it was designed by the renowned track designer Alan Wilson. Construction of the track is first-rate with an absolutely seamless ribbon of asphalt from start to finish. With 16 turns within 2.25 miles it had some very challenging corners ranging from fast doglegs to decreasing radiuses and more. The surface was very abrasive and the consequent traction first rate. The track owners seem intent on keeping this track quiet, with its current usage only extended to some clubman racing, both cages and bikes.

Playing superbike pilot for the day, we were greeted with a personalized bike and some decent track time to go play. The bikes were initially fitted with the stock OEM tires, namely Bridgestone's Battlax BT-014. I loved Bridges' in Europe and devoured them as fast as whatever I was riding at the time could. However, in the US they seem as popular as a leper in a card game. I recently got to try a pair on a Beemer, of all things and came away impressed. The Japanese company has been enjoying a modicum of success in MotoGP with Makota Tamada and it looks like they have a renewed interest in the sportbike market. This tire has a harder compound to reduce ch-ch-chatter and new chemical compounds to enhance the grip. I must admit I rode like a fairy (sugar plum?) for the first couple of sessions, not having the minerals to push hard. Tossing bikes at press intros is never a good choice to make in life and my times suffered accordingly. The tires stuck however and gave me a good first impression on the bike.

Because we were assigned bikes, there was an excellent chance to go play, fine tune the suspenders to suit, and go play some more. First time out saw me wobbling around this strange (to me) track and coming in for some suspension adjustments. First order of the day was a bump in compression and a little rebound in the inverted HMAS cartridge fork to settle some settling issues. The bike was a little abrupt on low RPM throttle inputs and with me shutting down with indecisive attempts at the preferred racing line, the corresponding "double bump" had me looking for a bit more compression, to dial out the down stroke and a little more rebound to slow down the return. These forks, by the way, seem a little plusher than of yore, more travel too.

The rear is Honda's very own MotoGP-derived, Unit Pro-Link. This rear suspension design eliminates the top frame mount for the shock with a linkage system that compresses the shock from below. This helps reconfigure the space made available for better weight distribution. I bumped the rear a tad on compression, but otherwise left it alone because it worked. One thing that became immediately apparent was the sensitivity of the stock suspension - very good. This always helps because if you can make small adjustments you can invariably dial a bike in quicker, rather than experiencing wild swings of wacky handling traits. Consequently I soon had the bike behaving perfectly - job done.

Well sort of. Next up was a couple of sets of Bridgestone's DOT race tire the BT-001. The suspension settings were put back to stock. I added a tad of compression damping again, to compensate for my 180lbs of rippling physique and a little rebound just to make the HRC tech in attendance think I was at least consistent. The tires, my confidence and more specifically the bike now ripped. My times dropped dramatically and I was able to push the bike to my own familiar and somewhat preconceived limits. The bike responded very well to GP rubber, naturally, with no instability and no handling complaints.

A first glance at the spec sheet might indicate that the Honda might be a bit of a porker at 396lbs. Rest assured it's not, the bike is substantial, sure, but in a way to provide that race track stability and as a platform for its focused objective - to win races and championships. Need proof? Go peek at that rear swinger, it's both long and heavy, but it's beefy, no sign of flexing my knee dragging two-wheel friends. Whilst you're looking, have a goosey goose at the radiator, the thing is as tall as it is wide. Heat is a power sapper, and being 40% bigger than the 954's, this radiator offers a cool hand, under racing duress. Take a look too, at the side-by-side view of the CBR and the RC211V those aren't distance cousins, they are blood related and all this for just under $11K.

All the latest lessons learnt with that RC211V is etched into the design traits of this bike. The engineers specifically analyzed the weight distribution of the 211V and in order to create a balanced rider friendly package they shifted one or three things around to accommodate the geometry target for the CBR1. Honda's focus this year was on "roll polar." Funny enough, this was nothing to do with mugging a snowy white bear, but more to do with mass centralization. The fact is, the CBR has every major part as close to its roll axis as possible. This creates a bike that is tippy, yet stable. What's not close to the center of gravity has been lightened so not to have any detrimental effect on directional changes.

Obviously this bike shares its look with its smaller sibling, the 600RR. One of the things about the six was its ability to get the power down to the ground and to how deliciously easy it was to get going pretty decent due to that fact. This bike is so much the same, but with nearly 50% more beans (I was quoted 174BHP) open the throttle early on this bike and you're greeted with great drive with no wheel spinning drama at all, this makes the bike fast and, more importantly safe. The AZ track was remarkably grippy, sure, but I never saw any spin regardless of how careless or impatient I got. Ham-fisted jockeys unite.

That get up and go-ness is from a completely redesigned motor that shares no parts with last years 954 engine. For starters the all new liquid cooled motor has a short stroke motor tuned for for top end gee gee's. For maximum strength the cylinders are cast with ridges to mate the head and cylinders together for rigidity so nothing will go pair shaped under duress, literally. Those cylinders, by the way, are inclined in a manner that allows space for that aforementioned larger radiator. When you look at the specs you'll also notice that the compression ration is lower than both the Gixxer and the new ZX10R - go get your tools, there's some free(ish) horses inside there - I'll wait here... The gearbox is something special too, apart from being absolutely silky yet positive in usage (Kawi' engineers take note) they are also of a cassette style design - no good for AMA usage (not legal yet), but great for Sunday AM bragging, and of course, race winning quick gear adjustments as the whole kit and caboodle slide out in one go.

Feeding the fuel to that new motor is a system lifted again from the RC211V's part's bin. This is an acronym overdose with a system labeled PGM-DSFI... basically it's a dual stage fuel injection system with two injectors per cylinder. One low, in the intake venturi's, and one higher up in the airbox, showerhead style. The second one responsible for a denser charge and some boosted top end. The fuel injection was a little notchy down low, but felt perfect with some minor RPM added. For you technophiles it also has dual stage ram air, to ram in some air, and an exhaust valve that monitors back pressure and engine pulses.

All these engine management systems are controlled by a very sophisticated 32-bit ECU. That PDA sized electronic control system handles the 3-D mapping for the fuel injection, the ignition and emissions, the ram air intake system, the exhaust valve and even the steering damper. Heck, if the thing had big boobs and made a decent cup of tea, I'd marry the thing.

Likewise the braking on this bike was superb too. I soon got into the "later is better" mode, and I was especially taken with how well the, new for Honda, radial brakes felt. This is a partially due to those new, made for Honda, Tokico calipers' up front, and with the radial style master cylinder up top too. I could also fine tune the span for both clutch and brake for maximum comfort, cause' a comfortable rider is a faster rider. One thing about the brakes that I felt showed tremendous attention to detail was the fact that Honda opted to use Tokico front calipers and a Nissan rear. Different manufacturers? I think this just goes to prove the fact that each individual piece is there because it's the best part for the job, not for parts sake... good stuff.

The rotary style HESD steering damper worked a treat. Unobtrusive at low parking lot speeds, and at higher speeds a greater damping effect is experienced. I landed a bunch of ugly and crossed up wheelies on this bike, most at triple digit speeds, trusting the damper to get me out of jail free. It did every time. The unit is controlled by the RR's ECU, and it senses goofy-ness and deals with it appropriately. It is seamless in operation and just like your Mom and Dad, it's there offering a calming hand. I initially felt that it would be technology for technology sake - but I like toys just like the next guy, and as the horsepower to weight war continues, things like this help tame that power.

Lastly, the ergonomics on the Honda were pretty radical from the 954. The 954 is a limousine compared to this bike. For example the clip-ons are nearly two inches lower that we're used to, likewise the rearsets are up and back an inch apiece. The seat is canted forward but allows for plenty of movement under braking and side to side seat swapping. The Honda parts peeps also offer a good looking passenger seat cover if you're not into the two-up deal.

Obviously I had the chance to back-to-back the CBR1 with the ZX10R but it was tougher than I thought. Different tracks and different tires all conspired against me in forming a comparison. Sure the CBR had the stability, but I felt faster on the ZXR. However, past experience has shown that sometimes what feels slow, was actually fast and vice versa. That 21.5lb difference between the two is pretty big, it'll be interesting to see them both on neutral scales

It was good that we had a chance to experience the Honda on both street and race tires and I can't help feel that 75% of street riders will go faster on the calmer feeling CBR in most situations, a typical Honda really.

But for the other 25% that skinny ZX-10R is still looking very good. :devil:

Honda CBR1000RR Specifications

Engine: 998cc liquid-cooled - Transverse inline four-cylinder

Bore Stroke: 75mm x 56.5mm

Compression Ratio: 11.9:1

Fuel System: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI): 44mm; two injectors per cylinder

Lubrication: Wet Sump

Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping

Transmission: Cassette-type close-ratio six-speed, constant mesh

Trail/Rake: 23.75° Trail length: 102mm (4.0 inches)

Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain

Overall Length: 2023mm (79.6 in.)

Overall Width: 712mm (28.0 in.)

Overall Height: 1133mm (44.6 in.)

Seat Height: 820mm (32.3 in.)

Wheel Base: 1415mm (55.7 in.)

Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)

Dry Weight: 179.8kg (396 lb.)

Suspension Front: 43mm inverted HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel

Suspension Rear: HMAS Unit Pro-Link single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.3 inches travel

Brakes Front/Rear: Dual full-floating 310mm discs with four-piston radial-mounted calipers/ Single 220mm disc with single-piston caliper

Tires Front/Rear: 120/70-ZR-17/190/50-ZR-17

Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 gallons, including 1.06-gallon reserve

Color: Red/Black, Metallic Silver/Black, Black

Price: MSRP ~ TBA

post-4-1071874690.jpg

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Po prvih uradnih inf. na testiranjih ima novi CBR največjo moč 172KM pri 11250 obr/min in navor 115Nm pri 8500 obr/min!!!!!!!!

ali ima 172hp izmerjenih na kolesu ali na gredi?

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

ce bi jih mela na kolesu 172, pol bi jih morala met na gredi krepko cez 190. .)

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Kako pa nov trend auspuhov pod sedežom vpliva na pregrevanje oz. kako se rori sploh hladijo? Najbrž se del te vročine tudi čuti pod ritjo?

lp, Pjotr.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Kako pa nov trend auspuhov pod sedežom vpliva na pregrevanje oz. kako se rori sploh hladijo? Najbrž se del te vročine tudi čuti pod ritjo?

lp, Pjotr.

S pomočjo zračnikov in izolacije izpuha so ti vplivi zanemarljivi, razen če kaj "šlataš" spodaj!!!!! :devil:

LP Bobo B)

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

• 5 tedne pozneje...

CBR1000RR :angry: vs. GSX-R1000 ;)

post-4-1075468203.gif

Popravljeno . Popravil flero
Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

CBR1000RR :angry: vs. GSX-R1000 ;)

wow, ful je boljša ...

navor je pa verjetno v fusah (al metrikah)?

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

wow, ful je boljša ...

Kaj se zezaš al si ciničen al kaj?! Press info govori o 171 KM, če se prav spomnim. Toliko o strašni novi močni CBRki.... :BUA: , v literski klasi in pri 600 SS vedno bolj lažejo :BUA: pri podatkih o največji moči motorja.... Že pri R1 vs GSXR sem napisal, da se ne kurit, ker bo prvi primerjalni test več povedal kot pa ves "info" :BUA: materijal od proizvajalcev.

LP Bajsi

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Veš Bajsi, podatki proizvajalca govorijo o moči na gredi, to kar pa ti primerjaš, so pa meritve na kolesu! Toliko o tem, da te ne bo infarkt :blink: , saj vidim, da si se močno razburu :naughty:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Veš Bajsi, podatki proizvajalca govorijo o moči na gredi, to kar pa ti primerjaš, so pa meritve na kolesu! 

no shit sherlock. si do tega prisel/a sam/s ali ti je kdo pomagal? :devil:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Samo pripomnu bom, da imam X-o ki mi je zaribala - na glavni gredi se je zlil ležaj, .... in to zaradi "uradnega " mehanika ki mi je vzel termostat ven in se motor ni segrel na delovno tem, jest pa sem ga - na žalost - kljub temu žgal.

Slišu pa sem da je na štajerki podobno se zgodilo enmu in mu je motor zgoru ...

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Kaj se zezaš al si ciničen al kaj?! Press info govori o 171 KM, če se prav spomnim. Toliko o strašni novi močni CBRki.... :BUA: , v literski klasi in pri 600 SS vedno bolj lažejo :BUA: pri podatkih o največji moči motorja.... Že pri R1 vs GSXR sem napisal, da se ne kurit, ker bo prvi primerjalni test več povedal kot pa ves "info" :BUA: materijal od proizvajalcev.

LP Bajsi

Symru :D . Cy©nic. B)

Sej ni nč novga, da dodajo kavale pr info-tu, to že od nekdaj delajo.

Enostavno pri vsakem vzameš 2-3 konjiče, pa maš. B)

Pa najbrž so novi tisočaki močnejši od GSX-R, če že omenjaš svoj post pri topicu o R1.

Kokr so mi povedal prjatli, ki so bli na obisku pri Akrapoviču, je res izmeril moč 168 konjev na zadnjem kolesu pri novi Enojki, vendar, da malce nejeverno pravi, da so mu Japonci pripeljali kakšno njihovo čisto prvo serijo, ter, da čaka na zdajšnje pošiljke Enojke, ki bodo pokazale bolj realno cifro kavalov. B)

Ampak CBR-ka je še vedno močna. :)

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

reitwagen ima zanimiv test CBRe objavljen. s HRC deli tapravih 200 KM. :grim

kdo kje kako kdaj ni vazno.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Pa najbrž so novi tisočaki močnejši od GSX-R, če že omenjaš svoj post pri topicu o R1.

Ampak CBR-ka je še vedno močna. :)

Poglej malo višje po strani CBR vs GSXR

................................ 153,5 vs 152,1 pa toliko besed......... :devil:

LP Bajsi

Popravljeno . Popravil bajsi
Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ustvarite račun ali se prijavite za komentiranje

Za objavljanje se morate najprej registrirati

Ustvarite račun

Registrirajte se! To je zelo enostavno!

Registriraj nov račun

Prijava

Že imate račun? Prijavite se tukaj.

Vpišite se
  • Zadnji brskalci   0 članov

• Noben registriran uporabnik, si ne ogleduje to stran.
  • Ustvari novo...

Pomembne informacije

Z uporabo te strani se strinjate z uporabo piškotkov in se strinjate s pravili o varovanju zasebnosti!