Skoči na vsebino

MotoGP 2004 (was: pre-MotoGP)

Ice

Priporočene objave

prosto po TNT:

Novicka st. 1:

Rossi and Honda confirm separation after final victory at Valencia

Valentino Rossi and Honda today made a joint announcement to confirm that they will not renew their contract for the 2004 MotoGP World Championship. After a relationship spanning four seasons which has yielded three world titles and 33 premier-class victories, the Japanese factory and the reigning World Champion confirmed their separation to a packed press conference just hours after the Italian’s final victory on the RC211V at Valencia.

Rossi revealed that he felt he had achieved everything he possibly could on the V5 machine and added that he was looking forward to racing against it next season. “I am here to say thank you very much to Honda and that next year we will not race together. I have had four fantastic years which are truly unforgettable. We won three World Championships and more or less 50% of the races. I have won in normal conditions, in the wet, in the dry, at my favourite track and, today, at my least favourite track. My work on this bike is finished.

“I am a HRC rider until the 31st December so I cannot comment yet on which bike I will be riding, but I can say that it will be a big challenge – it maybe even seems a little crazy right now! I think all the journalists, fans and everybody involved in this sport is very happy because next year will be a great fight.”

Carlo Fiorani, Sporting Manager for HRC, declared: “Everybody knows that Honda have been in negotiations with Valentino Rossi for much of the season. Honda have done everything in their power to convince him to stay, but in the end the decision was nothing to do with money, sponsorship or any other standard contractual situation. The only area of difficulty is that we cannot offer Valentino the challenge he is looking for and we understand that he should look for that challenge elsewhere.”

Novicka st. 2:

Fortuna Yamaha confirm Rossi interest

The following is a statement issued on behalf of Fortuna Yamaha Team director Davide Brivio.

"We welcome this evening's news that the Honda - Valentino Rossi relationship has drawn to a close. As many people know, when it became clear that there was a possibility that Valentino would not renew his agreement with Honda we made contact with his management team. I can confirm that our discussions with Valentino's management are proceeding well. With the confirmation that he shall not renew with Honda we shall proceed with our negotiations and hope to conclude an agreement within the immediate future.”

"This is obviously a very exciting prospect for us. However, until we have one hundred percent finalised an agreement with Valentino we shall not be able to comment further on the situation and on our Team's final line-up for 2004.”

"We fully appreciate that there is enormous media interest in Valentino's future and so we shall endeavour to be as open as possible. However, at the present time I can say no more than this. Our joint aim is to make a full announcement as soon as all the details have been finalised. "

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

prosto po kycysymet:

ZADNJE NOVICE:

Texas Tornado-Colin Edwards na testu v Barcelloni s hondo RC211V, gumirana Michelin:(1'45,3), kar je boljši čas od Valentina na dirki:(1'45.472).

Pole position Valentina za dirko je bil:(1'43.9).

Capirossi in Bayliss na testu v Valenci z enakimi gumami kat sta uporabljala med dirko in določenimi izbolšavami na motorju, Capirex:(1'33.4) Bayliss:(1'33.5) .

Biaggi comentira: Rossi bo končno uvidel kako se je težko boriti proti Hondi.

Sam je izrazil zadovoljstvo, da bo lahko štartal novo sezono s tovarniškim motorjem, znano je, da bo vseh šest Hond RC211V na začetku sezone popolnoma enakih, po nekaj dirkah pa bo najboljše uvrščeni voznik dobil dodatno podporo HRC-ja.

Vale je ponudil 50.000$ iz svojega žepa vsakemu mehaniku Honde, kateri mu bo sledil k Yamahi.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

prosto po jure007:

Pomoje bo Vale Yamaho kmalu spravil do zmag.... Ker on točno ve, zakaj se je odločil za prestop k Yamahi.

Ducati:

Edwards:

Rossi: fant ma pa dinarčeka....

Biaggi: bomo vidl naslednjo sezono

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Se mal angleskega dodatka ... med drugim tudi kdo bo kje pri Yamahi

"We are all extremely happy that Valentino will be joining Yamaha in 2004," commented Mr Jarvis. "In our discussions with him it is clear that he relishes the challenge of achieving our goal in MotoGP as much as we do. He is an incredible talent and will make a huge difference. Obviously there is a lot of hard work ahead of us, but we are confident that we can give Valentino the means to achieve more World Championships and we look forward to the challenge ahead. This is a very important step in our plan to re-establish Yamaha as a leading force in Grand Prix racing. "

Rossi will be joining Spaniard Carlos Checa in the Yamaha factory team based near Monza in Italy and run by team director Davide Brivio. Checa's current team-mate, Marco Melandri, will move to the Tech 3 Yamaha team (currently the Gauloises Yamaha Team), managed by team principal Hervé Poncharal. Both teams will continue under the Yamaha-Altadis umbrella sponsorship agreement with the Gauloises and Fortuna brands, although final colours and co-sponsors for the 2004 season have yet to be announced.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Colin Edwards zelo hiter na drugem testiranju Honde v Catalunyi: 1'45"3.

Valentinov najboljši cajt med dirko: 1'45"472.

Yamaha ponudila Hondi Barrosa brez penala 3 milionov $ za predčasno razdrtje pogodbe v zameno za dovoljenje, da bi Vale lahko testiral Yamaho že letos (Konec Novembra v Sepangu).

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

In Honda rekla ... ne hvala ...

Honda have turned down a request from Yamaha to allow Valentino Rossi to test the M1 before the cessation of his contract with HRC on 31st December. Fortuna Yamaha Team Director Davide Brivio spoke to HRC counterpart Carlo Fiorani last Wednesday, requesting that Rossi be freed to take part in a three day official test with the team starting on 28th November at Sepang. However, Fiorani rejected the approach – admitting they did not want to hand an advantage to the World Champion and his new machine.

“Despite our affection for Valentino Rossi and respect for Team Yamaha, we cannot allow Rossi to test the M1 before the 31st December,” confirmed Fiorani. “We simply cannot afford to concede advantages to our rivals. To allow Yamaha to test with Valentino would be like giving a sixth card to an opponent in a game of poker. This is a game and you have to respect the rules. I think Davide Brivio was right to ask our permission, and I think we were right to turn him down.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Yamaha pa presenečena odgovarja ...

Fortuna Yamaha Team Director Davide Brivio has revealed his surprise at Honda’s decision to deny Valentino Rossi the chance to test the YZR-M1 before the end of the year. Brivio had hoped the MotoGP World Champion, who remains contracted to Honda until the 31st December, would be able to complete his first laps aboard the machine at Sepang later this month. However, Honda have refused to give special permission - despite allowing similar cases to go ahead in recent seasons.

“I thought they would accept because that’s how it’s been over the last few years,” commented Brivio. “Last year Biaggi tested the Honda immediately after leaving Yamaha, Melandri tested with us – as did Barros. Colin Edwards tested the Honda two weeks ago despite his contract with Aprilia. It seems to be generally accepted that a rider can test his new bike a little early, but I can understand Honda’s decision.

“Now we will just have to see if we can do anything to change the situation. The negotiations with Valentino and Honda have taken place with fair play and tranquillity. The relationship with Honda and Fiorani is excellent and this episode won’t change that."

The Italian added that the planned test in Malaysia will go ahead, with Rossi finally set to make his bow at the same circuit in January 2004. “We have planned a test session from the 28th to the 30th at Sepang and we will go ahead with that. Carlos Checa will ride with the Japanese test riders. Valentino, as it stands, would test on the 20th January – also at Sepang,” concluded Brivio.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ja, kot kaže se jim že mal hlače tresejo  :naughty:  O:-)

Yep, tresejo se Koji Nakajimi, predsedniku HRC-ja.

On je glavni krivec za odhod Rossija, pred dvemi leti je Valentina zelo razjezil, ko mu je Januarja po dolgih pogajanjih vsilil dveletno pogodbo.

Takrat Rossi ni imel druge izbire, kot, da jo podpiše, ker bi drugače ostal brez motorja za sezono katera je bila že pred vrati.

Od takrat Valentino ni več spregovoril niti besedice z Nakajimo in je kuhal zamero.

Maščevanje Rossija se je že začelo z odhodom, Januarja 2004 se pa začne tapravo...

Koji_Nakajima.JPG

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

So kakšni komentarji Rossija na ta cirkus okrog njegovega prestopa?

lp, Pjotr

Popravljeno . Popravil pjotr
Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

On je glavni krivec za odhod Rossija, pred dvemi leti je Valentina zelo razjezil, ko mu je Januarja po dolgih pogajanjih vsilil dveletno pogodbo.

Če je verjeti novici iz Novic, naj bi bil glavni vzok prenizka ponudba ( beri premalo cekinov) Honde za naslednji dve sezoni. Yamaha pa je napisala baje 25 milijonov (evropskih) za dve sezoni in to je to; denar in nič drugega - moje mnenje.

PS: ne le Max, tudi Colin na Hondi bo prav gotovo predendent na krono v MotoGP.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

No dal mal presekamo tole rossihondayamaha debato sveza novica-Xaus in Hodgson bosta spet v istem mostvu! :OK:

Ruben Xaus to partner Hodgson at Ducati d’Antin

Ducati d’Antin have today announced that Spanish rider Ruben Xaus will partner Neil Hodgson in their team for the 2004 MotoGP World Championship. The pair formed a formidable alliance for Ducati in the World Superbike Championship last season, sweeping 20 wins from 24 races as Xaus finished runner-up and Hodgson took the title. Both riders make the step up to MotoGP in the only Ducati factory satellite team and will test the fearsome Desmosedici for the first time at Valencia from December 10th – 12th.

"I'm excited with the new challenge and would like to personally thank Luis d´Antin for this opportunity,” said 25 year old Xaus, who contested five rounds of the 250cc World Championship in 1995. “I'm going to give it everything, 200% for him and for the team. I'm happy to be in a Spanish team and to continue racing with Neil. I have a good relationship with him and off the track we respect each other. I've been with Ducati for the past 4 years and I'm pleased to be able to continue. Until now I haven't had the chance to try the MotoGP bike and I'm really looking forward to it.

"

Meanwhile, team boss Luis ’Antin added his satisfaction at the deal: "I'm pleased to have Neil and Ruben with us next year. Both are great characters and the whole team will do their best to have everything ready for them. Having seen the performance of other riders that have made the move from Superbike to MotoGP last year, I truly believe that we can expect great things from our new team." 

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

A je pol mehankrska ekipa šla z Rossijem al ne, oziroma koga vse je s seboj potegnil?

Potegnil je:

Jeremy Burgess

Alex Briggs

Bernard Ansiau

Gary Coleman

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Yamahi se vedno bolj smeji ... :devil:

Jeremy Burgess follows Rossi to Yamaha

Yamaha Team Director Davide Brivio has confirmed that revered chief mechanic Jeremy Burgess will join Valentino Rossi in making the switch to the factory Yamaha team after two decades of Grand Prix racing with Honda. Burgess has been with HRC since 1983 and has won nine World Championships – one with Wayne Gardner, five with Mick Doohan and three with Rossi – making him easily the most experienced crew chief in the paddock. Three more of Rossi’s mechanics from Repsol Honda will also make the switch.

“Jeremy Burgess will come to Yamaha as Valentino’s crew chief, accompanied by Alex Briggs, Bernard Ansiau, and Gary Coleman, three of his existing mechanics,” confirmed Brivio on Monday. “They will work with Brent Stephens, one of our own mechanics, and Matteo Flamigni our data acquisition technician. It was a mutual decision between Valentino and Yamaha - in order to create the best possible working environment for Valentino when he comes to Yamaha, we have made some adjustments to the existing team.

“Valentino has an excellent working relationship with some of his present crew, and in order for him to feel as comfortable as possible and to integrate him as smoothly as possible into the all-new Yamaha set-up we have built a team around him that includes some of his 2003 staff. The final support crew will be a mix of existing Yamaha technical staff with some members of Valentino’s 2003 crew.

Brivio added that the team’s goal for their first season together was to build the basis of a title challenge in 2005. “Of course when you start any new season the dream is to be able to challenge to win the championship but I think that 2004 will be a year for Valentino to establish a good working relationship, to clarify where we need to go with the M1 development, and hopefully in that process we will be able to challenge for individual race wins and to prepare the base for the future. Our 2005 target is certainly to go for the World Championship with Valentino. Carlos (Checa) is of course more used to the M1 and can be at his maximum from the beginning of the season.”

The Italian also admitted that whilst the signature of Rossi was a major coup for Yamaha, it could also prove to be a gamble if the results don’t arrive. “It is true that in some senses we are taking a risk,” he said. “With Valentino riding our bike we can make no excuses if we are off the pace. However, we are ready to accept that challenge and we have every confidence that we can deliver a good package next year.”

Whilst Checa will test at Malaysia at the end of the month, the new team will not come together until the 20th January in Malaysia, when Rossi will complete his first laps on board the M1. 

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Katova nesreča razjasnjena

Sedem mesecev po smrti Daidžira Kata je preiskovalni komite objavil svoje izsledke, ki naj bi opisali dogodke v tretjem krogu dirke v Suzuki, 6. aprila letos. Takrat je Kato obležal sredi steze nezavesten, a njegove nesreče ni zabeležila nobena od na dirkališču postavljenih kamer. Dokument, ki so ga objavili, vsebuje analizo dogodkov, pogovore z varnostniki ob stezi in zdravniki, opis stanja steze ter analizo Katovega motocikla in podatkov o delovanju motorja in njegovih delov.

V grobem so prišli do spodaj opisanih spoznanj. Kato se je pripravljal na vstop v zadnjo šikano, zato je imel motor v prvi prestavi, hkrati pa je težo prenesel naprej in se nagnil v desno. Nato je začel zavirati s prednjo zavoro, zaradi česar je zadnje kolo skoraj povsem izgubilo stik s tlemi in začelo bočno drseti. Na osnovi podatkov o spremembi obremenjenosti vzmetenja iz računalnika na motociklu je le-ta nato prešel v stanje, ko bi dirkača preko krmila stresel s sebe. Preiskovalci so si pomagali tudi s podatki, ki so jih Hondini inženirji zabeležili pri podobnem padcu Seteja Gibernaua v soboto pred dirko v Riu de Janeiru. Z njihovo pomočjo so prišli do zaključka, da je Kato poskušal rešiti situacijo tako, da je za trenutek popustil prednjo zavoro. Ravnotežje je izgubil ravno takrat, ko je motocikel začel drseti, zato se je oprl na krmilo, ki je bilo še vedno obrnjeno v desno. Na osnovi podatkov z drugih motociklov so ugotovili, da so na tisti dirki tudi drugi dirkači imeli podobne težave, vendar nihče tako hudih kot prav Kato. Njegov motocikel je tik pred nesrečo deloval na sami meji svojih sposobnosti.

Kata je nato pri hitrosti približno 170 kilometrov na uro bočno odneslo s steze, tako da je motocikel z levo stranjo in hitrostjo približno 150 kilometrov na uro zadel v zaščitne gume, trenutek kasneje je z deset kilometri manj priletel v zaščitno peno, ki je bila postavljena nekaj metrov naprej. Ko je motocikel zadel ob gume, je bil Kato še na motorju, nato pa je ob trčenju v stisnjeno peno za trenutek prišel med motocikel in peno. Ker pena ni mogla prevzeti vse kinetične energije motocikla, je le-tega vrglo v zrak in dirkača z njega. Z glavo naprej je priletel v peno, nato pa je v zrak vrglo tudi njega. V zraku se je vrtel kot disk in se 33 metrov od mesta prvega trka z ograjo ustavil, ležeč na hrbtu sredi steze.

Vzrok smrti je bila seveda velika hitrost udarca ob steno, še posebej pa dejstvo, da si je ob tem, ko ga je motocikel vlekel ob ograji, pri spoju gum in zaščitne pene poškodoval vratna vretenca. Če bi mu uspelo pred udarcem dovolj zmanjšati hitrost, bi se nesreča končala le kot izlet s steze. Če med obema vrstama vatnostne ograje ne bi bilo razmaka, bi bile Katove poškodbe lahko manj hude. Na tem mestu na dirkališču v Suzuki še ni bilo nesreče s smrtnim izidom, mesta nesreče pa za nevarnega niso imela ne moštva ne predstavnik dirkačev.

Daidžiro Kato je zaradi infarkcije možganskega debla umrl 14 dni po nesreči, kmalu po polnoči 20. aprila letos, star 26 let.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

:ph34r:

Team Suzuki rider John Hopkins and factory tester Kosuko Akioshi completed three days of tyre tests at the Sepang Circuit in Malaysia today, making their first acquaintance with the Bridgestone tyres that the MotoGP team will use for next year's World Championship campaign. Riders and team came away with very promising results.

Full-time GP rider John Hopkins not only praised the tyres for their performance and consistency. The 20-year-old Anglo-American also improved on the best race lap time set by a Suzuki GSV-R MotoGP machine, at this year's Malaysian GP.

"I didn't know what to expect," said Hopkins, who faced both wet and dry conditions at the Sepang circuit. "So I was pretty pleased to find out the tyres work really good.

"It gives us all a positive feeling to go into the winter break, after doubts about what to expect," he added.

Team Suzuki announced only a few days before that they had decided to switch from a long-standing and very successful relationship with Michelin to join forces with the Japanese tyre company Bridgestone for 2004. One advantage is geographic and cultural both companies are based in Japan, and their development engineers will be able to work closely. Another strength is the rapid development of the Bridgestone tyres during 2003, competing for pole positions and rostrum finishes in only their second year in the premier class.

"I was impressed from the first laps," said Hopkins. "Tyres are so important, so I have to admit I was a little concerned about what I might find. Right away the grip was good, and when we started racking up more laps the tyres were consistent.

"I was able to get to lap times definitely competitive with what we had earlier in the year. It's going to be real interesting to work with these guys," he added.

Team manager Garry Taylor reflected the positive reaction of the Grand Prix squad, after their first experience working with Bridgestone.

"We had three days, but John was only able to do 25 laps on the first day because of the rain. He was really impatient to get back on the bike for the second day, which is a very good sign; and he ran nearly 60 laps, almost three times race distance," said Taylor.

"The good performance of the tyres wasn't such a surprise. Everyone has noticed Bridgestone's rapid rise in results and performance over the past two seasons.

"We were all very impressed with the attitude of the Bridgestone technicians. They are obviously very serious about taking a step up next year. Suzuki feel the same way, and together with Bridgestone we're looking for success," concluded Taylor.

The tests were run using the 2003 GSV-R MotoGP racer in the specification in which it finished the season, allowing a direct comparison of performance. At the same time, Suzuki factory race department engineers were hard at work on next year's development of the 990cc V4 four-stroke racer.

The Fortuna Yamaha Team concluded their three-day test in Sepang today satisfied with the progress made by Spanish rider Carlos Checa. Bad weather interrupted Friday's testing at the Malaysian circuit but conditions improved yesterday and today, leaving the team plenty of dry track time to achieve their goals.

In their last test of 2003 the Factory Team continued development with Yamaha's latest-spec Deltabox frame, first introduced during the Valencia Grand Prix. Checa switched between 2003-spec and new-spec chassis, as well as testing new Michelin front tyres. The Spaniard was joined on the track by Yamaha test riders Norick Abe and Norihiko Fujiwara, both of whom rode with the new tyres whilst focusing on Magneti Marelli's fuel injection system.

"I'm quite tired!" commented Checa, having put in around 60 laps today. "Yesterday was better than Friday, and then today was even more useful again. I tested new front tyres with the 2003-spec chassis and the new chassis. I'm quite satisfied because I confirmed valuable information to Yamaha's engineers and Michelin on the advantages and weak points of the tyre combinations with both chassis. My best lap times were okay but I was focusing more on giving feedback than going for the fastest time.

"I think we still need to make some improvements to both the chassis and the engine but we have a reasonable point to start from at our next test here in January, and we'll concentrate on using the new chassis from then on. Next year is not going to be easy and you never know how much the competitors will improve. Anyway we definitely have a good starting point. I'm going to Italy next week to do some technical work on my leathers with Alpinestars, then to ride a Supermotard at the Bologna Motorshow. I'll head home to the UK after that, then for Christmas I will probably go to visit family in Spain, then go skiing until the New Year either in France or Italy. I need to relax a bit before next year!"

Team Director Davide Brivio was also pleased with the test results, "Carlos has worked really hard and we're happy with the progress made", he said. "He put in some longer runs with the new Michelin tyres and was able to keep close enough to his recent race pace. Abe and Fujiwara helped us a lot with the new tyres and looking at our Magneti Marelli system. All in all it's a good starting point for 2004."

The Yamaha Factory Team's next test will take place in Sepang on the 24/25/26 January.

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ustvarite račun ali se prijavite za komentiranje

Za objavljanje se morate najprej registrirati

Ustvarite račun

Registrirajte se! To je zelo enostavno!

Registriraj nov račun

Prijava

Že imate račun? Prijavite se tukaj.

Vpišite se
  • Zadnji brskalci   0 članov

• Noben registriran uporabnik, si ne ogleduje to stran.
  • Ustvari novo...

Pomembne informacije

Z uporabo te strani se strinjate z uporabo piškotkov in se strinjate s pravili o varovanju zasebnosti!