Skoči na vsebino

Petronas & Foggy odpovedujeta razmerje s Haydonom

Noise

Priporočene objave

Ananova:

Haydon to be dropped by Petronas

World Superbike team Foggy Petronas Racing have confirmed they will not extend British rider James Haydon's contract into next season.

The 28-year-old's contract expires at the end of the championship season at Magny-Cours in mid-October and the Burton-based team have decided against taking up the option of retaining Haydon for a second term.

Australian Troy Corser will continue to ride the developmental FP1 machine in 2004.

Haydon missed out on the chance of racing last season when Foggy Petronas failed to meet the deadline for production of road-going versions of the race bike.

His 2003 series has been blighted by injuries, the most serious being a prolapsed disc in the neck sustained during a crash at Germany's Oschersleben circuit.

The problem ruled Haydon out of the championship's British round at Silverstone as well as the San Marino races at Misano.

Haydon, who currently lies 25th in the championship standings with Corser 12th, said: "It's been a difficult two seasons.

"To sit out and be a spectator in 2002 was probably the hardest job I've ever had to do.

"And then to attempt to find a set-up on the new bike on a race-by-race basis rather than through testing has not been ideal, but I feel the Brands Hatch round helped a lot.

"I look forward to my last three races and finishing the season on a high.

"I know the FP1 has the potential to be a winner and I wish Petronas and the team all the best for the future."

Haydon's last championship points came following his ninth place in the series' third round at Sugo in Japan, back in April.

The team's owner, four-time World Superbike champion Carl Fogarty, said: "I genuinely feel sorry this has not worked out for James.

"I signed him because of his aggressive style and determined nature but, for whatever reason, this hasn't suited our bike.

"We'll now start the search for a replacement to work alongside Troy, who has another year of his contract to run, in challenging for wins next year."

Vir: http://www.ananova.com/sport/story/sm_8088...8812.html?menu=

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ustvarite račun ali se prijavite za komentiranje

Za objavljanje se morate najprej registrirati

Ustvarite račun

Registrirajte se! To je zelo enostavno!

Registriraj nov račun

Prijava

Že imate račun? Prijavite se tukaj.

Vpišite se
  • Zadnji brskalci   0 članov

• Noben registriran uporabnik, si ne ogleduje to stran.

• Ustvari novo...

Pomembne informacije

Z uporabo te strani se strinjate z uporabo piškotkov in se strinjate s pravili o varovanju zasebnosti!