Skoči na vsebino

wrc2005

lukec

Priporočene objave

Xavier Pons joins OMV team

A new teammate for Manfred Stohl

After the sensational second overall place of Manfred Stohl/Ilka Minor in Cyprus the OMV World Rally Team has even more reason to rejoice. The 25-year- old Spaniard Xavier Pons will drive the second Citroen Xsara WRC under the colours of OMV.

Pons is a young and talented driver who already has had considerable experience and, what's more, success. The first assignment of OMV driver Pons will be at the Acropolis Rally (24th – 26th of June).

Meteoric rise

Xavier Pons celebrated his rally debut in 2002 in the national Championships. The following year saw the young Spaniard not only already participating in five WRC rallies in Group N, but also winning one of them (Spain).

In 2004 he competed both in the FIA Production Car World Rally Championship and the FIA Junior World Rally Championship. In the end he finished in excellent fourth place overall in the P-WRC and was overall ninth in the J-WRC.

This year Pons has also entered in the P-WRC – ranking second at the moment in this group. The OMV driver had his first experiences with a World Rally Car in Monte Carlo, Mexico and Sardinia.

Impressive results

“We've been keeping an eye on Xavier for quite some time. We've always been impressed by his performance on tarmac but since Australia last year everyone was aware that he's an outstanding talent ," smiles OMV World Rally Team Manager Marc van Dalen and looks forward to welcoming the new member into the team and he adds: "We approached Xavier when he drove to victory in the P-WRC in New Zealand and already today we had an agreement.”

A project with potential

The OMV duo Xavier Pons/Oriol Juliŕ will compete in Greece, Argentina, Finland, Germany, Corsica and Spain with the Citroen Xsara WRC. Pons can hardly wait: "It is great that my performance was impressive enough that I was offered this chance. Manfred's success in Cyprus makes me even more eager for my first assignment."

Press release

OMV World Rally Team

pons-mexi_130305_220x145.jpg

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Carlos Sainz tested VW's Touareg

The Spaniard closer to a contract with VW

Volkswagen Motorsport have three crews (Saby - Perrin, Kleinschmidt - Pons and Villiers - Thörner) available for next year's Dakar and a fourth driver is getting closer to a contract with the team: Carlos Sainz.

Kris Nissen's team tested in Morocco to prepare for the next round of the FIA Cross Country Rally World Cup which is coming up later this month. Carlos Sainz was there as well and his presence was more than just a courtesy visit.

The Spaniard, who will replace Francois Duval in the Rally of Turkey at the beginning of June, wanted to try the VW Touareg to get a better understanding of this kind of vehicle.

"Carlos Sainz is interested in this sport for a long time. We gave him the opportunity to try a VW Touareg in Morocco. It was an interesting and positive test," mentioned VW Motorsport's Team Principal.

Double World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz might decide to try a new sport and join Volkswagen. A decision is expected after the third round of the FIA World Cup in Morocco.

Hugo GIGUERE

© CAPSIS International

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

• 2 tedne pozneje...

Loeb victorious in Turkey

The longest stage of the rally is also the final timed event of the race. Marcus Gronholm still could hope to beat Solberg and take second place in the overall result by making up about half a second per kilometer. A difficult but not impossible task...

The Peugeot driver tried his best, setting the fastest time in 24'58"0 but Petter Solberg knew that he had to push hard to stay ahead of the Finn. In the end, Solberg lost only two seconds over Gronholm and saved his second position.

Sebastien Loeb lost only 10"3 over Gronholm, taking the third best time. The Citroën driver wins his fourth consecutive victory of the season, his fifth win out of seven rallies this year!

His teammate Carlos Sainz drove a solid race to take fourth overall, the Spaniard achieving valuable points for Citroën, which is exactly what the French team was hoping for.

Gigi Galli finished the race with another strong result, the Italian setting the fourth fastest time in SS18. The Mitsubishi driver finishes in eighth overall but proved to have the pace to do even better by taking two stage victories in the race and leading the event for a brief moment before his car suffered from a mechanical problem.

The top eight in the overall results is completed by Markko Martin (5th), Toni Gardemeister (6th), Roman Kresta (7th).

In a thrilling final stage, Toshi Arai achieved quite a feat by clinching the victory from Marcos Ligato. The Japanese driver - who was only fourth after SS16 - pushed to the limit to catch all of his rivals, finishing 1"6 second in front of Ligato!

Nasser Al-Attiyah takes the final podium spot, just 4"7 ahead of Xavier Pons in fourth place, who also drove a great race, making up most of the time he lost with punctures and a gearbox problem.

Hugo GIGUERE

© CAPSIS International

Vrstni red Turčija:

1 Loeb/ Elena Citroen Xsar

2 P.Solberg/Mills Subaru Impre

3 Gronholm/Rautiainen Peugeot 307

4 Sainz/Marti Citroen Xsar

5 Martin/Park Peugeot 307

6 Gardemeister/Honkanen Ford Focus W

7Kresta/Mozny Ford Focus W

8 Galli/D Amore Mitsubishi L

loeb-turq_050605_220x147.jpg

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Točke skupno:

1. S. Loeb (F) 55

2. P. Solberg (NOR) 42

3. M. Martin (EE) 38

4. M. Gronholm (FIN) 32

5. T. Gardemeister (FIN) 31

1.PEUGEOT 72

2. CITROEN 68

3. FORD 49

4. SUBARU 46

5. MITSUBISHI 30

6. SKODA 8

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Počas sem kar ponosen da vozim Citroena (no ja za vsak slučaj vozim še 206 - če se vrnejo zlati časi leva)

Sam če sem pravilno obveščen se PSA umika, tako da :cry: :cry: :cry:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Jebentiš, Solberg je lahko najhitrejši, samo kake napakice ne sme biti. Ko se boxerček v Subarujčku prebudi........ :yea1:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Carlos Sainz and Marc Marti in Greece

The Spanish crew with Citroën at the Acropolis

After a self-imposed seven-month absence from the World Rally Championship, Carlos Sainz finally accepted to lend a helping hand to the Citroën team for last weekend's Rally of Turkey where he put in a remarkable performance marked by his usual impressive professionalism.

Although Carlos announced that his participation in this event should not be taken as a sign of his return to world class rallying and that his help was a one-off exception, Citroën Sport Director Guy Frequelin did not hesitate to ask a final favour from Carlos at the end of the rally: one last appearance as a works Citroën driver in the Acropolis Rally.

After giving the question much thought, Carlos Sainz has just responded favourably to Guy Fréquelin's request, but at the same time stressed very clearly that this additional help would be the absolute last and that all any further request would meet with a very firm 'no'.

"It really was a big pleasure to find the familiar sensation of being behind the wheel of the Xsara again, to find my marks again so easily, to share further genuine moments of joy with all entire Citroën team again and to exchange with Sébastien as we did so often over the past two seasons," Carlos told Guy Fréquelin. "But my mind is made up. I have no intention of staging a comeback to the World Rally Championship. This will be my final contribution to what you and everyone at Citroën Sport have built together and which I hope continues to be as successful as possible."

Guy Frequelin was happy to learn of Carlos Sainz's decision. "What Carlos brought us this weekend was fantastic, especially given the conditions which, as I have already said, were particularly difficult. But that's how you can recognise a great driver," he underlined. "On top of that, the team derived such pleasure from working with him again that I naturally asked him to stand-in for us one final time. I am aware that I am asking him to make another big effort. But I have sworn to respect his request not to ask him any more to drive a WRC car in the World Rally Championship. Even so, I know we will have the pleasure of seeing him again in the course of the season since we will continue to back his protégé Dani Sordo in the JWRC."

Press release

Citroën Sport

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Interview with Sebastien Loeb

One day after qualifying for Le Mans

Despite being tired - who wouldn't be after such a busy Sunday (winning the Rally of Turkey and then driving at Le Mans the same day) - Sebastien Loeb talked to us about his day, a moment that will have its own page in the motorsport history books. On Monday morning, Sebastien explained the events of the past few days.

loeb-lemans2_270405_220x142.jpg

How do you feel this morning (Monday)?

"I'm fine. But we went out last night and this morning we got up early once again. A good night of sleep would be welcome."

How was the ambiance in the plane going to Le Mans?

"Everybody was stressed out, the journalists, the supporting crew... but not S�verine and me! During the flight, I prepared myself on my Playstation. The stress was a bit higher when I saw raindrops on the portholes..."

And when you landed at Le Mans?

"It was total panic! The guy that was driving us to the track was really stressed out! I immediately jumped into the car once we arrived in the pits. Everything happened in a hurry. That's unfortunate but we could hardly have done anything differently. The most important is that I completed the ten mandatory laps and learned the track."

Your impressions at the wheel ?

"Since there was still of few raindrops falling, learning the track was not easy. It's a bit stressful because it is very fast. The car was not reacting like usual. On top of that I couldn't go back to the pits to put rain tyres, having to do a minimum of 10 laps with very little time left. It was tricky because it was out of the question to go "slowly" because if the tyres lose temperature, there is no grip. With more than 600 horsepower to the rear wheels, it's very, very tricky. If the wheels spin, it goes into oversteer and once it is like that, you cannot catch it! Today's good news is that I managed to bring the car back to the pits in one piece (laughs)!

Looking back, I know that I didn't do well in the corners. Despite that, I am about ten seconds from my team-mates. Taking into account the track's conditions and the general context, it is pretty encouraging. I also could feel the car's reactions on slicks, in the rain: it's a good experience. But I will have to wait until Le Mans week to find the right pace on this circuit."

How do you respond to the huge interest surrounding your participation to this race?

"It's nice. I didn't expect to see so many people on Sunday evening! To see so many journalists and fans is incredible and of course very enjoyable. During my last two laps, all the stewards were on the track to wave at me!"

Four consecutive wins in rally, your qualification for the 24 Hours of Le Mans... you decided to break all the records this year? Are you going to win six consecutive rallies?

"Why not, that's a good idea (laughs)! But in fact we cannot get six victories: in Greece would be the fifth but since Solberg said at the beginning of the year that he wants to win 10... he has no choice: he must win them all now (laughs)!"

What is your programme for this week?

"Testing in Spain to prepare for Argentina. But I can't wait to be at Le Mans!"

Thierry PIRKELBAUER / Hugo GIGUERE

www.sebastienloeb.com

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

• 2 tedne pozneje...

Historic stuff!

Acropolis : Citroen Sport - Finish

Re-united once again in Greece, Citro�n's dream team produced another sensational result this weekend. S�bastien Loeb, Daniel Elena and their Xsara WRC were in unbeatable form on their way to claiming their record-equalling sixth win of the season and their fifth in a row, also a record-equalling feat. Their latest exploit will doubtlessly go down in rallying history. The last Frenchman to win the Acropolis Rally was Didier Auriol in 1992. The last French car to finish on top here was the 205 in 1986, while you have to go back to Jean-Luc Th�rier's success with Alpine in 1973 to find the last win for a Frenchman in Greece driving a French car.

Carlos Sainz and Marc Marti also played a capital role in the team's successful weekend by finishing in 3rd position. Their result enables Citro�n to regain the lead in the Manufacturers' championship and the Spaniard, a living rally legend, was given a long ovation when he returned to the Lamia service park at the end of the rally to mark his 97th podium finish from 196 world class rallying starts, another truly historic performance! Symbolically, it was in Greece fifteen years ago that he took the first of his 26 WRC victories.

S�bastien Loeb laid the foundations for this weekend's success by resisting well on Friday before pulling clear of the pack on Saturday and controlling intelligently from in front during Sunday's final leg: "I lifted over the rocky ruts of �Dikastro' and, over the last two stages, which were very badly cut up in places, I really took it easy. I wasn't even flat out along some straights over the pebbles towards the end of �Perivoli'! Five wins in a row? It hasn't really sunk in yet," added the defending World Champion. "All I know for the moment is that thanks to the team's efforts to give us perfect cars and also thanks to Michelin, this rally has been extremely positive in view of both title chases� We know we're not invincible and this winning run will come to an end one day but, if we want to extend it, we cannot afford to relax and next week we will be back out testing."

Carlos Sainz had no reason to regret succumbing to the friendly pressure applied by Guy Fr�quelin to compete in Greece. "A month and a half ago, I was following Citro�n's results in the press and phoning up every now and again for a friendly chat. I didn't have the slightest idea I would soon find myself back competing with the Xsara WRC. It's been a fantastic weekend! I am proud to have succeeded in meeting the objective Guy set me, and proud to have scored valuable points in both events. The team is back on top of the championship and I hope it will stay there. They deserve it. As for me, I have finished my career in world class rallying on the podium of the event that gave me my first WRC win. What more could a sportsman ask for?"

Automobiles Citro�n's General Manager Claude Satinet was naturally delighted with the successful outcome of what he calls the "Carlos operation. It succeeded beyond our hopes because Carlos came back as competitive and meticulous as ever, with the same will to win. In short, the same professionalism and the same great personality! I am very, very happy that his effort has been rewarded with yet another podium finish."

Guy Fr�quelin was beaming as he personally congratulated all the members of his team one by one: "Our current sequence of wins and our return to the top of the Manufacturers' points table are down to the talent of our crews, Seb and Daniel and Carlos and Marc, but also to the untiring work of Citro�n Sport and its partners, notably Michelin. I am also very happy with the top-ten finish of Xavier Pons and the times set by Manfred Stohl with their privately-entered, Kronos-run Xsaras. They illustrate the speed and reliability of the products Citro�n gives its customers."

Press release

Citro�n Sport

loeb-acro_260605_219x163.jpg

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

1. S. LOEB 4:12:53.7

2. T. GARDEMEISTER 4:14:29.9

3. C. SAINZ 4:15:04.8

4. M. GRÖNHOLM 4:15:50.1

5. M. HIRVONEN 4:16:06.9

6. H. ROVANPERÄ 4:16:38.1

7. G. GALLI 4:18:13.3

8. M. MÄRTIN 4:18:31.2

DRIVERS' STANDINGS

1. S. LOEB (F) 65 Pts

2. P. SOLBERG (N) 42 Pts

3. T. GARDEMEISTER (FIN) 39 Pts

4. M. MÄRTIN (EE) 39 Pts

5. M. GRÖNHOLM (FIN) 37 Pts

6. H. ROVANPERÄ (FIN) 16 Pts

MANUFACTURERS' STANDINGS

1. Citroën 84 Pts

2. Peugeot 79 Pts

3. Ford 57 Pts

4. Subaru 47 Pts

5. Mitsubishi 37 Pts

6. Skoda 8 Pts

diapo_315.jpg

diapo_335.jpg

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Madona, deeeeejmo Solberg! Dejmo!

Naj se Subarujev boxerček zavrti, da se na prvo mesto zavihti! :yea1:

Khm, pripravlja se nova Impreza........ :whistle:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Khm, pripravlja se nova Impreza........ :whistle:

... lahko se a citroen je zakon :devil: :devil: :devil:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ja čestitke Loebu za tale rally!

Res je odpelu brez napake...škoda da Solbergu ni isto ratal .)

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Maxxi, ja dober je Citroenček, ni kaj. Fantje obvladajo!

Ampak Subarujčku nekako pristoji, saj so prave rakete in tehnične poslastice tudi njihovi serijski avtomobili ( Impreza STI, Legacy 3.0B, itd.....).......

......črna Impreza, zlate felge....... :wub:

LP! :D

Popravljeno . Popravil viggen
Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Sezona je še dolga..tja do novembra :blush: Še vse je možno, ampak nej tko ostanje!

Citroen raztura :worship:

Popravljeno . Popravil Jacque
Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

.... tudi njihovi serijski avtomobili ( Impreza STI, Legacy 3.0B, itd.....).......

......črna Impreza, zlate felge....... :wub:

Se Citroen ima tudi vredu športne avtomobile s oznako VTS, samo niso tako močni kot subarujevi...

( Saxo VTS Zlate barve :wub: )

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ja, sej VTS-ji so Ok, ampak Subaru je Subaru, čist drugi avto, ne v smislu boljši/slabši, ampak po filozofiji (boxer motor, stalni 4-kolesni pogon, diesel :grrr , odlična lega, itd,itd)....pač stvar okusa in žal tudi globine žepa! :devil:

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

pobje in dekleta: tle igrajo vsaj 70% dosežkov prav tako gume. Michelin je svetlobno leto pred Pirellijem :P

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

voznik,avto,gume,ekipa ter sreca,skupek vsega pa da rezultat.če ne verjamete probajte .ps. ter$$$$$

Povezava do komentarja
Delite na drugih straneh

Ustvarite račun ali se prijavite za komentiranje

Za objavljanje se morate najprej registrirati

Ustvarite račun

Registrirajte se! To je zelo enostavno!

Registriraj nov račun

Prijava

Že imate račun? Prijavite se tukaj.

Vpišite se
  • Zadnji brskalci   0 članov

• Noben registriran uporabnik, si ne ogleduje to stran.

• Ustvari novo...

Pomembne informacije

Z uporabo te strani se strinjate z uporabo piškotkov in se strinjate s pravili o varovanju zasebnosti!